Friday, May 8, 2009

172 Days of Love

172 Days of Love

For 172 days you were mine to nourish, love and care for

Forever I wanted to know what you looked like, smelled like, felt like

I wanted you so much more

Knowing that you were ours forever to share

The feeling and passion was overwhelming

Nothing could compare

I waited anxiously for you to arrive and be seen

I am your mother now which I’m not sure what that means

I was so excited, scared, happy and now complete

You have arrived; you’re here, now we get to meet

The 12 days you were here, I tried not to shed a tear

I tried to be strong for you, love you, embrace you

With daddy, who showed all the love he has for you too

You are so beautiful, healthy, so tiny but so strong

I definitely didn’t think that anything could go wrong

You are gone now and I’m not sure why

I now believe it is to protect us from above in the clear blue sky

You are now our angel so amazing so sweet

It’s hard for me to cry for you, or to feel so weak

We celebrate and enjoy the time we had with you my love

Spread your wings my angel and shine in the heavens above!

We love you so much AJ. You will always be remembered!



By: LaChel Hunt

4 comments:

  1. I am so sorry for the loss of your little one, at least you had the little time you did.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in tears. I don't know you, but I just could not not write to you to send you my sympathy. My son, Christian was born 24 wks 4 days and almost passed away this past Sunday. My heart goes out to you. I want you to know that he is with God and he is shining down upon you and knows that you did all you could. He knows you love him. He will always remember you. I will pray for you and for you to continue to be a strong woman. Bless your heart and may Anthony rest peacefully.
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing Anthony's story. It is so touching and beautiful for see the love you have for him. My little girl was stillborn May 9. My comfort is in knowing she is in heaven and I will hold her again someday. There is a good book I recommend called Safe in the Arms of God by John Macarthur that talks a lot about this and what it is like for our little ones in heaven. You can read more of my daughter's story at my blog
    www.peacelikeariver-elianagrace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know you haven't updated in months, but I just wanted to let you know I'm thinking of you and your family this holiday. Little Anthony's spending his first christmas in the arms of the Lord. What better way to celebrate a holiday? May you be strong and receive all the support you need this holiday season.

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete