Sunday, April 26, 2009

4/26/2009



Today was a good day. He hadn't had any major alarms besides the desat. He was mostly on 21% today. The highest he went up to was 25%. He was on feedings every 6 hours 1cc (1 ml) then the doctor told me that they are going to give him 1cc every 4 hours, but then changed their mind. No particular reason, they just want to take their time giving him his feedings. My grandmother came with me to the first visit. It was her first time seeing him. It was definitely nice to see her still be here to see her great grandchildren. He had his first BM today which I am really excited about. They said they gave him a suppository to help it come out better, which I can understand since he just got introduce to the breast milk.

Anthony and I went back to see him later on. I swear hes looking different day by day. That is why I take daily pictures. It was a nice visit. The nurse had to keep doing her hands on work. Taking blood, changing his fluids, flip him on his back and other things. So I kind of didn't get to spend too much time with him. But it was okay because just sitting there, knowing he was near made me feel great. I'm feeling good and I have a lot to look forward to. The nurse today said hes out his "honeymoon" phase, so at least I know hes doing good based on progress.

Thank you GOD for blessing me with this opportunity of being a mother to a strong, beautiful and determined little man. I love you and help me and my family stay strong through this whole experience. AMEN!!!

2 comments:

  1. He's getting so much bigger!! I can see from the pictures! :) He looks like he's doing great. Good for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is so adorable!

    ReplyDelete